Cúcuta is the capital of the department of Norte de Santander, located in northeastern Colombia, in the valley of the same name and on the border with Venezuela. According to data from the 2005 census, it has a population of 948 942 inhabitants, making it the sixth most populated city in Colombia. Meanwhile, the Metropolitan Area of the city, made up of four other municipalities, has a population of 1 225 512 inhabitants, this being the sixth urban agglomeration in Colombia.
As capital of the department, Cúcuta houses the main state offices; at the economic level, it is the main financial and industrial center in the region.
Cúcuta is located on the eastern mountain range in the valley of Cúcuta, a valley that forms the Pamplonita River. 580 km from Bogotá, the city is surrounded by neighboring municipalities with which it forms the Metropolitan Area . These other municipalities are: Villa del Rosario, Los Patios, El Zulia and Puerto Santander.
It is located 320 meters above sea level. The average temperature is 32°C and the humidity is moderate. There is no change in seasons. Dressing is easy, just a shirt and trousers, or skirt for women. The tie and formal dress are only used for business or special parties. Many places like bars or restaurants are open or with terraces.
Spanish is the official language in the place as it is in the country. The accent differs greatly from that of other Colombian regions. Very few Cucuteños are bilingual. The region has few indigenous people, therefore it will not find native languages either.
The city has Camilo Daza International Airport. There are flights to and from Bogotá (Avianca, Copa Airlines, Aires), Bucaramanga (Aires, Easyfly, Satena, ADA), Medellín (Aires, EasyFly, Satena), Panama City (Copa Airlines) and Aruba (Tiara Air). There are also domestic and international charter flights.
Transportation terminal, connected by transportation companies that communicate with the main cities of the country and even to international destinations in Venezuela.
- Tickets can be purchased on the websites of Bolivariano, Berlinas del Fonce and Copetran.
- Route 55-66: It communicates to the city with Bucaramanga and Bogota.
- Route 70: It communicates the city with the Atlantic Coast (Santa Marta, Cartagena and Barranquilla).
- International Highway: Communicates the city with Venezuela, specifically with the State of Táchira
The city has several public bus service companies, including their tours of the Metropolitan Area, from municipalities such as Villa del Rosario, Los Patios and even El Zulia communicating with each other. This service is available between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm, and its value for use is $1400 Colombian pesos for Los Patios and Villa del Rosario and $1500 pesos for El Zulia.
The city has different public taxi service companies 24 hours a day, the service can be purchased normally or by telephone to the place where it is located. The minimum race costs $4,000 Colombian pesos, although the amount to be paid varies according to the route, it is measured by a device called a meter, the value of the service you can measure by the same device and a table of values that is located at the back of one of the taxi chairs along with the information of the driver of the taxi and their respective company.
Some companies you can call for a Taxi:
- Company Palace S.A. (24 Hours) PBX 5772233 Offices 5770597
- Cootranscutta (24 Hours) Tel. 5845959 - 5761976
- Taxi Radio (24 Hours) Tel. 5792929 PBX 5790300
- Mobile San Juan Tel. 5792222 / 5792000
- Taxi Radio PBX 5835600 / 5730784
- Iris Transport Company Tel. 5792828
- Radio taxi international Tel. 5844444
The main roads of the city are Avenida Cero (important in the commercial field), Avenida Libertadores and Diagonal Santander.
Venezuelan vehicles are allowed to move in the city (because of its border status).
The use of SOAT (Mandatory Insurance Against Transit Accidents) is mandatory, which for tourists can be purchased for a period of 3 months. Circulating without this insurance carries a fine and the vehicle is frozen.
The official tourism website of the mayor of Cucuta has good information. 
- Santander Park: Located in front of the Municipal Mayor and the Cathedral of San José. He has a statue of General Francisco de Paula Santander.
- Colón Park: Also called Victoria Park or Boyacá Battle Park. Located opposite the Julio Perez Ferrero Public Library.
- Simón Bolívar Park
- Juana Rangel de Cuellar Park
- Francisco Andrade Troconis Park
- Antonia Santos Park
- Mercedes Abrego Park
- Christ King
- Bolívar Column
- Padilla Column
- Indian Motilon
- The Railway
- Santander Memorial
- Victory Monument
- Oil Refiner
Among many others, they are of interest:
- San José Cathedral
- Church of San Antonio
- Chapilla del Carmen
- San Rafael Church
- Candelaria Parish
- Andressen Asylum Chapel
- Church of Saint Louis
- Sacred Parish Heart of Jesus
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish
- María Auxiliadora Parish
- Los Pinos Christian Center
- Christian Crossing Church
- International Charismatic Mission
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - Mormons
- Church of San Rafael Archangel
- Art and History. 14th Street # 1-03
- Museum of Memory. (Banco de la República) Diagonal Santander
- Municipal Cultural Center. 10th Street with Diagonal Santander
- Culture House Clock Tower. 13th Street # 3-67
One of the main activities revolves around the "malecom" (promenade of the proverbs), near which most of the nightlife takes place and presents itself as one of the main family public spaces in the region.
Cúcuta is a privileged city in terms of recreation, as it has various places for relaxation of the residents and their visitors.
- Villa Silvania
- Recreational Park
- Water Park
- Boils & Attractions
In addition to the many traditions, it is possible to visit the nearby rivers (rio zulia, cornejo, peralonso), which present quite healthy conditions for human use, and is part of the historical imaginaries of Cucuteños.
- Unicenter .
- Ventura Plaza - This is the largest shopping mall in the city. It is located in the heart of Cucuta and close to the Hotel Casino Internacional. It has three commercial levels, it has a Cinemark Multiplex with 6 cinema halls, it has three dining squares, it also has a Carrefour, 300 stores, shops recognized nationwide (El kraal, Ice Creams, Churromania, Presto, Pinchos and Asados, Los Arrieros, Londeros, Tekereteke, Venezia, El Tostonazo express, among others), and it also has international stores like JUAN VALDEZ where visitors and our own enjoy the purest taste of a good coffee from the Andes mountains and appreciated by thousands of people in the world. It also has a great variety of stores like Saad, Totto, Pronto, Chevignon, Puma, Pigmento, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Nike, Casa del Duque, Root & Co. other department stores. It has banks: Bancolombia, Banco de Bogotá, Davivienda, Banco Santander.
- Success, Tel. 5766108 - Stores Success: COMCEL S.A.'s main office for Cúcuta is located there. The headquarters of Cucuta is located in Av. Demetrio Mendoza, Diagonal Santander.
- OLE Mall - It is a sports mall, located on the slopes of Santander 55 yards from Hotel Casino International. It has Four Floors (Synthetic Courses, Bodytech Gym, Sports Stores such as Puma, Adiddas, Disco, Warehouses, also has cashiers from Banco de Bogotá, Bancolombia. Parking Service).
- Gran Boulevard - It is one of the most traditional shopping centers in Cucuta, located on Av. 0 (unique in the world). It has a residential area. You can find computers, shoes, clothes and even visit a small bar called La Micro. The main office of Movistar Colombia for Cucuta is located there.
- Plaza de Los Andes - It is located in the center of the city. It has a large supermarket called Al Maximus. It's three stories tall.
- Success Stores - located in Cucuta in very strategic locations. Neighboring success Av. Quinta has 4 levels. San Mateo success.
- Carrefour - currently has 3 branches. Ventura Plaza, Libertadores, Atalaya.
- Atlantis shopping center - one of the new in Cucuta located in the San andresito sector.
- LECS Mall- One of the largest shopping malls in the city located across from Santander Park, it has 3 commercial levels, 1 office level and 1 parking service.
- Home Center Sodimac Corona- Located in Diagonal Santader.
- 100% Natural Lounge Los Caobos
- Presto, Av. Los Libertadores # 3-08. Tel. 577 5596 / 577 4949. Also at Homecenter.
- Los Carritos, Av. 0 # 15-71 Tel. 5710097 and Los Carritos, Av. Los Faroles # 9E - 51 Tel. 5741506
- Juan K, Av. 3E #1-218 La Ceiba Tel. 5779113 / 5779114
- McDonald's, Dg Santander N.11-7088, after Ventura Plaza Tel. 3203474794
- Corral Unicentro - Ventura Plaza
- Rodizio Restaurant, Malecón II Stage La Riviera, Tel.5739029. International Menu, Lunch and Dinner, Air Conditioning.
- Pinchos & Asados (Next to Rodizio), Tel. 5739039. Uber, Meat, Chicken and Camarones.
- El Corral Restaurant, Tel.5745701. Meat of Res, Pork Rib, Arepas Chocolo and Fast Food. 5745701 / 5773152
- Mangos, Av. Libertadores #7-22 Tel. 5752648. Specialty in Meat, Seafood and Fish.
- La Gran Muralla Restaurant, Av. Libertadores #10-84 Malecon Tel. 5753946 / 5755156 / 5755069
- El Tostonazo Express Restaurant Ventura Plaza loc Shopping Center: 3-65 tel: 575,6051
- Restaurant Puerto Seguro, Avda. Libertadores Malecón, directly in Centro Cristiano Los Pinos.
- Icaro Café Restaurant, 13th Street with Av. Libertadores, Esq. Adriatic Building.
- Juan Parrilla al Carbón Restaurant, 17th Street with Av. Libertadores, Diagonal Malecón to Safe Harbor. Also at Ventura Plaza Mall, Third Floor, Food Square.
- Kibbe's Restaurant, Av 6AE # 12-07 La Riviera (Opposite the Cenit) Specialty in Lebanese cuisine. Tel. 5750273
- "Palmas de San Juan Restaurant & Bet. Cll 9 No. 0-30 Center
- Hotel Tonchalá.
- Hotel Casablanca Av. 6 # 14-55, Tel. 5722888 Fax. 5722993. 100 air-conditioned rooms with fan, restaurant, swimming pool, event room, business office, parking, laundry and travel agency.
- Fifth Avenue Hotel 50 Air-conditioned Rooms with DDN, DDI, Satellite TV, Minibar, Convention Center, Travel Agency, Internet Room, Sauna - Turk and International - National Restaurant.
- Hotel Villa Antigua. Located on the Via San Antonio International Highway. Convention Center, 30 rooms, 30 air conditioned cabins, DDN, DDI, satellite TV, mini-bar, restaurant service, sports courts and green areas.
- Arizona Av 0 Hotel # 7-67
- Hotel Bolívar Av. Demetrio Mendoza
- Casino Internacional Calle Hotel # 2E-75
- Hotel Acora Calle 10 #2-75
- Hotel Acuaris Calle 5 # 3-37
- Amaruc Hotel Av. 5 # 9-73
- Hotel Chucarima Street 7 # 2-30
- Hotel Exelsior Av 3 # 9-65
- Hotel Lord Av. 7 3 10-58
- Luxor 10th Street Hotel # 2-66
- Victoria Plaza Hotel Street 8 # 2-98
- Paraiso Calle 10 Hotel # 5-84
- Colombia's telephone indicator is 57 and Cucuta's is 7.
- If you are calling from Cucuta to another country you must 009 + country indication + city indicative.
- If you are calling from Cucuta to another city in Colombia you should dial 09 + indicative of the city.
- Venezuela, Av. Camilo Daza. Tel: Phones: +57 7 579-1956 Fax: (+57 4) 351-1909
- No special vaccines are required to visit Colombia.
- In the area of Cucuta there is no risk of tropical diseases such as malaria, cholera, yellow fever, leishmaniasis or Chagas disease.
The city has very good medical centers, including:
- Erasmo Meoz Hospital (Public)
- San José Clinic (Private)
- Northern Clinic (Private)
- Clinic Santa Ana (Private)
- If you leave town by air it is advisable to stay one hour for domestic flights or three hours for international flights.
- If you want to go by road to another Colombian city like Bucaramanga or Cartagena, you should be careful, since the first one is heavy traffic, while the second one is a road that is not very busy, but in very good condition.